An open oval hole is often found during examinations for other diseases or for when looking for the causes of stroke.
After you are found to have an open oval window, you will most likely have numerous questions to ask your doctor. Some questions you can ask your doctor:
- What was the reason for this?
- How dangerous is this condition?
- What treatment options are available, and which ones do you recommend?
- What are the risks of an open oval window closing operation?
- I have other heart problems. How can I better handle both issues together?
- Should I restrict my daily activities in any way?
- Will this disease be transmitted to my child? — Are there any brochures or other printed materials that I can take home with me? Which sites do you recommend visiting?